Hello friends I am a foreign trained nurse with more than 7 years of experience and recently passed NCLEX-RN and looking for job. I need your help fixing my resume. I have spent so much time but it is really hard coming with even one line so I need all of your help. Any advice is appreciated. I am attaching my resume please have a look. It's incomplete. I used only the first page but didn't get any interview for the past 3 months so I want to change things but have no clue please help. ABCD EFGH
1234 any Rd, firstname.lastname@example.org
City CA 12345 (222)222-2222
Seeking a Registered Nurse position with abcd Medical Center in XXXX Unit where I can utilize my professional knowledge to provide excellent patient care and grow with your organization.
Summary of Skills
Over 7 years of intensive cardiac care and Emergency unit experience in 738 bed hospital, regionally well-known for intensive care, setting providing cost-effective, compassionate patient care.
Responsible for intensive care unit duties including: reviewing case histories, collecting data, implementing treatment plans, starting intravenous lines, managing life threatening emergencies, assisting with intubations, responding to all codes, and patient discharge plans
Certification & Education
- Registered Nurse (License # 123456) - California Board of Nursing
- ACLS, PALS and BLS certified
ABCD some hospital date to date
- Diploma In Nursing MM-YYYY
Staff Nurse - ICCU some hospital from to
- Assist and train developmentally delayed clients with activities of daily living
- Provide protective intervention to clients challenging behaviors when necessary
- Observe, document and report physical, medical or behavioral changes in clients
- Examine case history and collect data to implement individual treatment plans
- Prepare patients for diagnostic tests such as ECHO, TMT and ANGIOGRAM
- Support patients in their recovery by assisting with ADLs, checking vitals and blood glucose level, measuring intake and output, monitoring heart rhythms, performing ECGs, and drawing blood
- Manage and care post op angiogram patients in assessing vitals and catheterization site for potential complication.
- Multiple drips, Invasive Lines, Ventilator management, Fluid resuscitation, Medicine administration and total nursing care of patients
- Aided surgeons in pericardiocentesis, endotracheal intubation, permanent pacing, central venous pressure line insertion, tracheotomy and pleural tapping
- performed therapeutic interventions as per physician request
- Educate and counsel with family in difficult situations, Discharge plan and follow up.
To obtain a Registered Nurse position where I can expand my knowledge and experience as well as utilize my outstanding patient care skills to provide quality health care.
RN with 7 years of experience providing outstanding clinical care to patients in a well-known hospital and research institute with 738 beds
An excellent team member, able to maintain positive attitude in stressful environments and during emergency scenarios.
2. Active participation in a national health program on prevention of blindness
3.Strong interpersonal skills with sense of humor
4.Demonstrated ability to provide effective education to patient and families
5.Highly organized and able to efficiently prioritize multiple tasks
PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND CONTRIBUTIONS: emergency room 2 years (aug 2006 -jan 2008)
1.Expertise in nursing process to assess, plan , implement and evaluate comprehensive patient and family care in an acute medical unit.
2. Displayed strong clinical knowledge in initiating iv therapy, medicine administration as prescribed by the physician
3. set up and monitor medical equipment and devices such as ventilators ,defibrillators, cardiac monitors, central venous pressure lines, and interpret EKGs
4. strict observance of standard precautions to promote safety and infection control of the unit
5.identify and help patient and family meet physiological,psychosocial,safety,learning,rehabil itation,spiritual,cultural and selfcare needs
6.utilize ACLS techniques and cpr during acute cardiopulmonary arrests and life threatening events.
6.provide continuous monitoring of progress after administration of medicines and intravenous drugs for side effect or adverse reactions
7. support the patients in their recovery by assisting with ADL and document care interventions.
8.collaborate with physicians regarding change in patient status to develop and revise treatment plans based on identified needs and assessment.