critique my Objective please!Register Today!
- by newbieRN724 Nov 23, '12Hello all! I am graduating from an Associate degree RN program December 10th and I am fine tuning my resume. I've had my resume looked over already but an career services representative said i need to reword my professional profile/objective. Any input would help greatly! Thanks in advance!
Two years ofexperience in the long term care setting. Reliable, eager to learn, compassionate, works well within a team. I am seeking a RN position that will allow me to provide patient-centered, whole person care, as well as the opportunity to grow professionally
- Nov 23, '12 by Bloomgirl118I would not use this at all. First, the companies know you want a job as a nurse. An objective is unnecessary on a resume and really should be avoided as wasted space. Second, the resume is a place to put your accomplishments, as related to specific jobs or educational experiences and not subjective things about yourself. The other things about being compassionate, etc should be in your cover letter. Good luck in your job search and congratulations on all your hard work!!Last edit by traumaRUs on Nov 24, '12 : Reason: Link bad
- Nov 23, '12 by newbieRN724Thank you for your critique! I really appreciate it and i will make sure i use the site you mentioned!
- Nov 24, '12 by Bloomgirl118You're welcome!! I was really hoping that it didn't sound negative because I didn't mean it that way. I have just been in hiring previously and have a lot of experience with resumes. :-) I love that site, she has excellent things to say about job searching and interviewing also. Good luck!
- Dec 4, '12 by newbieRN724Thank you! I didn't think it sounded negative at all.