Puerto Rico school feedback - thread #2 - page 14
by WorldTravelingYogi | 40,570 Views | 366 Comments
Wow after 9 years and 1336 posts they closed our thread because it was too long. The original thread and all the helpful posts can be found here: There are 134 pages in that thread but the last 130 pages were from 2010... Read More
- 0Dec 21, '12 by lstSmileQuote from RosinaGYes, more than likely, if you don't need gen eds - you will have to start in August.Thanks so much worldtraveling for the info!!!! I was previously in a nursing program so I have most of my general ed classes done. So I would for sure have to start in Aug?
- 1Dec 21, '12 by lstSmileQuote from RosinaGHey Rosa,Thanks so much Istsmile!!!!! That definitely was a lot of help. So I think I am pretty sure I will come visit Jan 10th. They didn't say anything about an entrance exam but I just wanted to make sure was it hard to start in February for you? when are you done?
Thanks again Rosa
Good luck on your visit.
Like Yogi said, I did gen eds online from home and started my nursing courses in August. I'll be done May 2014. Doing the gen eds from home was a bit of a headache but it saved me a lot of money on room and board - so can't complain.
- 0Quote from RosinaGI had a 3.35 from my first Bachelors. I did send them, like I do every other school, my transcripts for ALL schools. Including 2 different times where I did study abroad in France. I probably didn't need to send all those but I did.I went to 3 different colleges how do they get the GPA out of that? They also asked me to send class discriptions on the classes I wanted to transfer. Are those the only ones that count in the GPA?
I am an older student so I started my college classes over 20 years ago. I told them there was no way possible I could get class descriptions for these classes that have completely different names. There was no internet back then. It was absurd. I told them it was absurd and they dropped it. Most people in my class were not required to give class descriptions but we started August 2010 and things have changed a bit. I mean they did ask for them but we all protested and they gave up. You will find that is very common in PR. If they want something ridiculous just protest and they will probably drop it.
- 0Quote from RosinaGFYI I suggest you start your Hep B series now. It is 3 shots. You get the 1st shot, wait one month for the 2nd shot and then wait 6 months for the 3rd shot and it is valid for 10 years. I know this was not your question but any nursing school will require this and maybe you have it but if you don't I would start now.Hey Thanks! do u recommend me bring anything besides all my paper work?
I can't think of anything. I brought things like my birth cert but I don't know if I needed it.
- 0Dec 22, '12 by lstSmileQuote from RosinaGI attended multiple colleges (in regards to Gen Eds). They used the University that I last attended that they Transferred credits from. I remember asking Admissions about that as well. So I can't tell you their science about it. They took the GPA directly from the transcript - no calculations - but this was Feb 2012 - the following trimester the new Director was in place - so I'm not sure how they do it now. If your GPA is above the current min - which someone mentioned was 2.5 then you should be ok. They did ask me for class descriptions, but only for the classes that they weren't sure about giving me credits for. I would go ahead and bring them - they are in your course catalog from every uni. You can download them usually and print the pages relevant to your transferable courses.I went to 3 different colleges how do they get the GPA out of that? They also asked me to send class discriptions on the classes I wanted to transfer. Are those the only ones that count in the GPA?
GPA includes the last GPA recorded on my transcript - so I'm assuming its the same for you. I attended a Uni after the one they took the GPA from where I had a higher GPA but they didn't care - so I'm guessing they based it on the transferred credit/school.
- 0Dec 22, '12 by lstSmileQuote from RosinaGTo be on the safe side, I would bring in your transcripts officially sealed with you by hand - even though I had sent everything in - they were missing all my official transcripts - so I luckily had the sealed envelopes with me and just turned them in to admissions.Hey Thanks! do u recommend me bring anything besides all my paper work?
Also, bring all the paperwork they requested - shots, birth cert, social security card... driver's licence... that way you're not screwed b/c you forgot one piece of evidence.
Hope that helps.