IV push medications - nursing students - Page 2Register Today!
- Dec 30, '12 by canned_breadI am in Australia. Students are allowed to give it once they have passed IV exams at university, which is usually in our last year (of 3 years). As with ALL MEDICATIONS (I mean ALL), students have to be supervised by an RN during administration and preparation.
- Dec 30, '12 by NEOLUVWe were allowed to do IV push during third thru fifth semesters only with an instructor, Not with an RN. I imagine we will be allowed to do them with our preceptor... But will not find out til semster starts in january.
- Dec 31, '12 by tfisherRNWhen I was a student nurse I was able to push IV meds..it just depends
- Jan 7 by ktlizI believe it is state law here in PA.
- Jan 11 by turnforthenurseRNWe were allowed to give IVP medications under direct supervision, either from our instructor or from another RN. We were never to give IVP medications alone.