Acyclovir and NSRegister Today!
- by mspurple Nov 10, '12I just found out that Acyclovir cannot be diluted with NS only with D5W. does anyone know why? thanks
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796970©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 706 Views
- Nov 11, '12 by liveyourlife747Have you checked micromedex? They have an iv comparability section and usually will tell u why they can't be mixed. Most likely it's a precipitate issue
- Nov 11, '12 by serenity05I would look it up and first verify it's even true....
- Nov 18, '12 by PalmHarborMomMy Davis's Drug Guide says "must be diluted in at least 100ml of D5W, 0.9% NaCl, dextrose/saline combinations or LR."
So according to the Davis's Drug Guide that I you do not have to dilute it with D5W only.
- Nov 25, '12 by AltraQuote from mspurpleWhat was your source of information, and did you seek to find the answer to that question from that source?I just found out that Acyclovir cannot be diluted with NS only with D5W. does anyone know why? thanks