University of Wyoming RN to BSN Online - page 3
Anyone taking this course? Anyone finished this course? After looking around, I think I can afford to go here, ut would appreciate anything you can offer. Thanks skylock... Read More
- 0Mar 3, '06 by fotografeHi Michelle
I am also in MA. I am pplying today. I finish my first year of my ADN in May, and will take patho and pharm this summer. I hope to take 1 class next fall, and one next spring. Then I will hit it full force when I have graduated from the ADN program. My goal is to complete the BSN my May 2008. I will keep you posted on the progress. The only reason I am doing this online program vs UMass is that I will finish sooner and I want to apply to grad school ASAP.
Quote from MichelleinMAAny updates on the program?
- 0Mar 3, '06 by missnurse01Hey everyone...the tuition sounds about right as the previous poster listed. the classes are very doable, I am in 4 and working 14 12hr shifts a month...and have 4 little rugrats. I haven't had any prob with the program so far, able to ask ques of instructor with quick email responses, etc. lots of threaded discussion for class interactions in the nursing classes. and hey Elizabeth, we are in some classes together! your name is familiar. hope everything is going well for all, and good luck to everyone in their decisions (sp?).
- 0Mar 3, '06 by dnbell419Wow missnurse01.... you are taking 4 classes??? and working and taking care of 4 little ones!!!! I am mighty impressed!!!!! I am finishing up one class at Touro University. I was working toward a Health Education degree but have decided to get my BSN instead. I will hopefully transfer to U of W's online RN to BSN program very soon. Glad to hear you are doing so well -- gives me a feeling of hope that it will be doable for me too!!
- 0Mar 4, '06 by eborgeltI am in the first semester of the program and love it. I love online formats because they work well no matter what your schedule is like. I think the instructors I have at UW are great. They respond to questions in a reasonable amount of time and are very active on the web sites we use for class discussions. There is a lot of work involved with most of my classes, but I didn't expect any less of a BSN program. The tuition is also very reasonable. I would recommend the program to anyone.
- 0Mar 4, '06 by fotografeElizabeth -- I was wondering about Pharm. It says it is "outreach video" not online. Did you do that class through U of W? It appears it must be taken through some sort of center, which I am sure does not exist in MA. Should I sign up for it elsewhere?
Quote from eborgeltI am in the first semester of the program and love it. I love online formats because they work well no matter what your schedule is like. I think the instructors I have at UW are great. They respond to questions in a reasonable amount of time and are very active on the web sites we use for class discussions. There is a lot of work involved with most of my classes, but I didn't expect any less of a BSN program. The tuition is also very reasonable. I would recommend the program to anyone.
- 0Mar 5, '06 by fotografeGood to know. I haven't spoken to a real person yet but was reading the site. Glad to know they send you the videos. I just hope they have them on DVD -- we dumped our VCR 2 years ago!
Quote from eborgeltI haven't taken Pharm yet, but from what I was told from my advisor, the tuition rate is the same. Instead of taking the class online, they send you videos to watch and assignments are done by mail or fax. It is more like an independent study class.
- 0Mar 7, '06 by a_clayOf those of you who are in this program...are all their "required electives / graduations" (Global Awareness, US & WY Constition, etc) all online as well? I don't see any of them on the summer schedules. Or do they tell you what you can take at your current school to fulfill these requirements?