ISU FAQ thread - Page 3Register Today!
- Oct 28, '09 by Pigskin_RN,BSNQuote from borgenrmI would not recommend using TCN. You should be able to find the study guides from other people but entirely up to you. I used TCN and not completely thrilled with them. The sales reps are very misleading regarding information. If you want real information about ISU, contact ISU or look at the posts from many of us. I have enjoyed ISU's program, just wish I hadn't spent all the money on TCN. As far as work, as long as you pass the NCLEX not sure that many employers ask about how you got your degree, just that you have it.I am looking at going through the college network for the LPN-BSN program with ISU. Has anyone else done this? Did you have any issues with the college network or ISU. Is it a good program? Will it be easy to get a job after graduation from and online program?
- Oct 28, '09 by borgenrmThanks I think I'll just contact ISU directly then and skip the middle man!
- Nov 10, '09 by SandcastlesHi there!
I have been an LPN for the past 7 yrs and want to persue my RN via distance learning.I am very interested in ISU LPN to RN route.Can anyone tell me what 10 classes/pre-requisites need to be done before applying and which ones I can CLEP?? I guess Im looking for a "simple" breakdown from anyone that is on their way in the program or has gone through it.The website that ISU has up is confusing ,I cant figure it out.I have emailed ISU and am waiting for a reply.I got an email saying it may take 1-2 weeks for a reply as they are backed up,so I came here hoping someone could help me.Havent gotten anywhere by calling either,they keep directing me to a Kim and I have to leave a message.Until then I am here studying my CLEP Human Growth and Development guide .Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.I am grateful
- How did you study for your 4 modules. The books are huge.
- Quote from denise922I need 2 more pre-req's, but I am ready to start studying the CSM's. How did you study for your 4 CSMs modules, they are huge. What study tactic did you use to get through the books.Hello,
I am enrolled in ISU, have taken all 4 CSMs, the TEAS, and am applying for Spring 2010. If anyone has questions, would be glad to answer them...
Any outlines available. I would like to start in 2010 also, but not towards the end of the year.
Can you help me?
- Jan 17, '10 by chaxanmomQuote from ReeReegalI just read them, took the practice test and then the challenge exam. They aren't bad at all in difficulty. The peds one was a bear but I'm terrible at developmental stuff. The rest are ok. The exam is very similar to the practice exam in the module.How did you study for your 4 modules. The books are huge.
- That's good to hear. Which one do you recommend doing first or does it matter? Do you have any study notes you can share?
Thanks for the encouragement.
- Jan 20, '10 by BKay23Does anyone have a link of the sites that ISU is set up with to do clinicals? I can't find it on the website!
- Jan 20, '10 by BKay23Nevermind! I found it!
I do althought have another question.
I applied to ISU to get started on Phase 2 of the program, when should I hear whether or not I've been accepted or not. The lady told me it had been processed and I've got my transcripts getting sent over.
- Jan 31, '10 by ReeReegalQuote from BKay23Here you go. http://web.indstate.edu/nhhs/contrac...ch-agency-listDoes anyone have a link of the sites that ISU is set up with to do clinicals? I can't find it on the website!