Issues in Online Nursing. NEED HELP!Register Today!
- by ricaryx Oct 18, '10I'm writing a paper for my BSN class and I'm out of ideas. I need topics to write about regarding online nursing. Can you name different issues in online nursing that will be perfect to address in an academic paper? I'm really desperate here. I need help. Thank you so much!
- Oct 18, '10 by TashaLPN2006RN2012do you have to write about the "bad" of distance learning or the "good" or both?
My thoughts on distance learning are that if you are not a good self teacher you may not get or learn the points of the subject matter, no direct guidance from a professor, self paced would not be as structured, however online classes may be overly structured and grades mostly on written papers.
goods- some have no time constraints, can study at your own pace and time (2AM or noon whatever time you have) you can take 5 yrs or 1 yr to complete a degree,
that's all i can think of right now but i'm sure i'll think of more soon =)
- Oct 18, '10 by caliotter3If it is distance nursing education you are talking about, my biggest advantage is that it opens up opportunity for so many who could not get an education otherwise.Last edit by caliotter3 on Oct 18, '10
- Oct 18, '10 by happydrunkcatyou do not have to spend money on gas and time on driving to college. Do not have to deal with "drama" in a class. Focus on your own achievements. Flexible time - if you need a day off, you have a day off I you want to study at 3 am, you can do it Sometimes you have an opportunity to finish much faster.
Minuses - difficult to build a "network" with student in your area. no "study groups" for the most part.
You have to be more independent. During online studying you have less supervision than in a brick-and-mortar school. As a result - you grow as a professional, but it is a hard thing to do
- Nov 4, '10 by RPonickiYou might have to go to training in Milwaukee. Depends on if they have a training center near you. What will be your title there? No job security at Brookdale. First thing they will make you do is sign a waiver promising that you can never sue them.