I need to take the Microbiology Exam ASAP
- 0Jan 31, '11 by FocusRNOkay, I am finished with everything including the CPNE, except, a Pathophysiology class that I will be done with this week, and Excelsior's Microbiology.
I really wanted to do this stuff last month, but with the holidays and birthdays I was just thankful to be done with the CPNE. But I want to graduate in April. Which means I have to take Micro within the next two weeks. So I really need help.
I have been out of the habit of studying for the theory exams for a long time, so it just seems so difficult to get it together.
I am starting from scratch basically. The only thing that I can remember at this moment it the very basic history of Microbiology.
These are the tools that I have:
- Totora Micro eBook (newest edition)
- Vangonotes for Micro by Totora
- Study group 101 Micro, printed out and bound (reminds me of the CPNE guide, ughhh!)
- Biology flashcards
- Microbiology Demystified
- And I will have the EC practice exams tomorrow after I register for the exam
So imagine that you are me with 3 kids, your only job at the moment is managing the house full time (it is time consuming, and energy draining), and have a week, maybe 10 days to prepare for this exam with the above resources. Now, what would you do, what would be your plan of action?
- 1,803 Views
- 0Feb 2, '11 by NurseMaryBWell, Dream. I've never taken the Micro...supernervous about it! But, I wish I could offer some word of advice but I guess all I can offer is break out their content guide just like it were any of their other tests and jump in. Good luck and let me know how you do! What words of advice do you have for the CPNE?
- 0Feb 2, '11 by FocusRNThanks. My advice is here http://allnurses.com/distance-learning-nursing/i-passed-grady-519755.html
- 1Feb 3, '11 by INLPN93The Demystified book has an excellent overview.
Read the textbook and the keypionts at the end of the chapter/answer the multiple choice q's too.
I kinda focused on this approach and got a B.
Wish I'd known just how helpful the practice exams are, those will help alot.
- 1Feb 4, '11 by exnavygirl-RNAfter I took the CPNE back in 2008 I still had the A&P and Micro exams to take. I made a lot of flashcards and carried them around with me. I also used the Flashcard Exchange website. In fact I think I have flashcards posted on that site. I will check.
As mentioned earlier the Demystified books are awesome.