I have a CPNE date!
- 0Feb 23, '10 by lisamc1RNIt's June 4, in Syracuse NY! I'm a little disappointed that it's so far out (and that it's my son's birthday), and might just call the NPAC tomorrow about getting in at York earlier. But at least it feels like progress! So, assuming I pass the CPNE (Oh, please Lord, let me pass the first time), is it possible to graduate in July and possibly take the NCLEX in August? Oh my gosh, I'm excited! *does a happy dance*
- 1,018 Visits
- 1Feb 23, '10 by Lisa1980Graduation's are held every other month. I test April 9-11th and my graduation date is for June 18th. So.... if you test in June you Grad date will be Augus.
If you go to your My EC page on look to the left hand column click on where it says Graduation requirements and it will tell you that if you complete your CPNE by such and such date, then your grad date and it lists.
- 1Feb 24, '10 by erinp88I'm dying to check my graduation date now! I didn't know I could do that! But, its Wednesday and Excelsior is down from 5-7!! 6 more minutes!
I hope birthdays are good luck! Mine is shortly after the CPNE and I celebrate it on St. Patrick's Day. Everyone is asking me what the plans are and I'm like "Leave me alone, I can't think about it!!"
- 1Feb 24, '10 by RN543They actually graduate every month... but your graduation date will be like a month and a half to two months away... you can check out the graduation processing parameters which should be an option when you go to your "my EC" page. I'll post a link... not sure if it will work
It doesn't show the date yet for when you are taking it... but it should be about the middle of August when you officially graduate. If you were taking your CPNE just a week sooner, you would graduate in the middle of July, that's just the way it works.
Now I'm not sure about New York, but I know in some states you can apply to take your boards before your official graduation date as long as you have completed all your requirements. After you pay your graduation fees to excelsior, and they update your records, they can send an official transcript to the board of nursing. So you may be able to take your boards sooner if that's the case. Again, I dont know what the standard is in New York... maybe someone else does or you could call excelsior and find out... they have a department that deals with applying to take boards and the different requirements of each state.
Hope this answers your questions... and congrats on your date and completing all your nursing exams. That is a big accomplishment! I wish you the best of luck!
- 1Feb 24, '10 by erinp88Lisa - everyone is freaking out on the EPN because the office is closed! I feel bad for the weekend testers! Winter is another reason I didn't do a workshop. I can tolerate a little bit of winter driving, but anything over an hour, and H*LL NO!
I did see my graduation date .. it won't be until May. UGH! I was really hoping I could get in under April. I missed it by 1 week. Oh how I want this to all be over!