Grand Canyon RN-BSN - page 3
The only thread I see is 5-7 yrs old and focuses on religion. Is there any updated information? I have been in heavy contact with them and am looking at taking their RN-BSN program. I work with a GCU grad and she has nothing... Read More
- 0Nov 11, '12 by pandorasboxQuote from tokmomHmmm.....if GCU has all these red flags I may just discard them altogether.Well, I did a lot of surfing tonight and I am really disappointed in what I read. GCU had a 24% retention rate. That makes me question as to why.
Secondly, I went to the BBB website and was really upset. I also read about the 5.2 million lawsuit.
I emailed my work, as my organization recommends them on their website. I also emailed the advisors I have been talking to. I don't believe they will tell me the truth, but I want to hear what they say.
This is sending up tons of red flags for me and I'm really bummed. I was hoping to start my BSN next Feb.
- 0Quote from pandorasboxWhere are you in the process??? Most of the complaints come from financial aid and admissions in general. Some of the technical posts were a bit older. They did change their IT programs and I'm sure that digruntled a lot of people.Hmmm.....if GCU has all these red flags I may just discard them altogether.
The lawsuit was over accepting monies for recruitment back in 2007.
Reviews show it mid level in it's programs. Some people can't say enough about it and others had plenty to say. My husband said that only the ones with bad experiences complain and you never hear about the ones that had a good experience.
It is CCNE accredited, and the nursing program seems the most solid program.
I did email them and tell them to hold off on my Feb start date. I want to see a lot of it in writing first.
Why were you looking at GCU?
I would like to hear from the other GCU students that have posted before.
- 0Nov 11, '12 by flymedicRN24Tokmom,
I am disappointed as well. I am completely ready to start. Please let me know what they say. I will call tomorrow and ask the same. Jacksonville U doesn't have same issues. However, I believe the classes are not going during the summer. I know we may not hear enough good. There sure is quite a bit of bad.
- 0Quote from flymedicRN24I will let you know. I'm not sure if they will respond tomorrow being it's a federal holiday.I'm hoping I hear something on tue. I will let you know what they say, don't worry.I'm sick to my stomach.Tokmom,I am disappointed as well. I am completely ready to start. Please let me know what they say. I will call tomorrow and ask the same. Jacksonville U doesn't have same issues. However, I believe the classes are not going during the summer. I know we may not hear enough good. There sure is quite a bit of bad.
- 0Nov 12, '12 by tokmom, BSNTo all the fence sitters on GCU:
I emailed my organization concerning with what flymedicRN24 found on the web. They will have a phone call with GCU tomorrow to see what they have to say about the BBB et al..
My organization is national, so I think GCU will take notice and hopefully be honest with them. I will keep you all posted after work tomorrow.
- 0Nov 14, '12 by tokmom, BSNI did. My organization called them and they said they grew too quickly, had IT issues and hired new advisors. They did admit to having issues, but said most has been ironed out. My organization chose to renew with them.
I also heard from the enrollement person who pretty much said the same thing. I think I will take a chance and see what happens. I have found 3 nurses that I know in person say they had a really good experience. However, I did tell GCU I wanted an award letter and my educational plan BEFORE I start, so I have numbers and any bugs worked out prior.
I do know that no university is exempt from chaos. My sons brick and mortar school that is well known switched computer systems this year for financial aid. The entire systen is screwed up. Kids with no monies trying to live. Can't buy books, etc..My son is still waiting for his grants, etc to be paid to him and they were due in August!!