Current or Past Fort Hays University studentRegister Today!
- by 30syz0001 Jul 7, '12I am planning to enroll into RN-BSN program that is offered by this university. But, before I do that I have a few questions for current or past students. I will be working anywhere from 60-65 hours while taking classes along with raising a 1 year old. My question is that is it doable. Are the classes semester long. How many do you take on average each semester in order to finish the program in 12-18 months. How are the test and assignment graded. On average, how much time do you spend studying for the course material. How is the workload compare to an ADN program.
I would really appreciate any type of feedback. Thanks
- Aug 9, '12 by Laurab14I am on my LAST semester of the RN to BSN program. it has taken me 4 years only because I take one class at a time d/t money not so much time. It has been a good program for me and I haven't really had any problems. Feel free to PM me if you want more information.
- Sep 14, '12 by caliRN2112Quote from Laurab14Hi, i was just accepted into this RN to BSN. Do you recomended?I am on my LAST semester of the RN to BSN program. it has taken me 4 years only because I take one class at a time d/t money not so much time. It has been a good program for me and I haven't really had any problems. Feel free to PM me if you want more information.
- Sep 18, '12 by Laurab14yes, it has been overall a good program for me. It is the cheapest I found and have gotten pretty good grades.
Good luck! let me know if you have any other questions.
- Feb 14 by furballfarm05How was the last semester? I have spoke with several people but just can't find clarity regarding to the person required for preceptor and specific requirements for the clinical site. Please any info. I am in a very rural area, which is significant.
- Feb 14 by Laurab14I literally live in a town with one stop light. Preceptor needed to be a RN, preferably BSN I am doing mine at the school. Was really pretty open, needs to be a case management or risk management type project.
- Feb 15 by furballfarm05I am so jealous, we don't have a stop light, no joking. Thanks so much for your time and assistance. It is concerning about meeting the requirements and money is a concern. I am really looking for a bit more clarity on case manager and the risk management. I have several BSN available. I am not able to PM you until I have more posts at the site.
I am to start this summer. I have to make a decision soon, I also was accept elsewhere and they need an answer. Thanks so much