Calcampus BiochemistryRegister Today!
- by lvnrnmd2be Apr 6, '12Anyone taking this class and would like to do a study group ?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=694494©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,723 Views
- May 1, '12 by aejbrownI am hoping to take this class. Have you started? How do you like the format for exams? I would like to find out more about the class before I agree to pay the $715. Thank you for any help.
- May 10, '12 by lvnrnmd2bei started a few weeks ago...you have 12 chapters , a quiz and a writing assingment with each chapter, one week to complete and upload you can take long if you like but a week is what they want. there is no book just slides from there professor, which cover what is on the quiz....pretty simple
- Aug 11, '12 by pharmacyladyQuote from lvnrnmd2beHow was the Biochemistry course with CalCampus?Anyone taking this class and would like to do a study group ?
- Dec 28, '12 by Michael500I'd love to get some feedback on this course. What did you think of it? I've reached out to CalCampus, as I'd like to ask them a few questions, but they've yet to call me back.
The main things I'd like to know:
- grade breakdown: chapter exams, midterms, final, discussion, busy work, etc
- approximately how much time you spend on it? And if you don't mind sharing, are you taking it while working (part or full-time), or along with a full course load. As I understand it, you get 12 weeks to complete, could be difficult depending on outside commitments
- give it a difficulty rating from 1-10, 10 being extremely toughest
- how long you get to take exams (per sitting, ie minutes per test, not days to complete a given test).
I'm new here, and don't yet have the ability to private message. I feel like I'm in a time crunch. I'm a real human, just changed careers, was admitted to nursing school a few weeks ago, and need to complete a biochem class by May. Between now and then I'm working as a CNA, and am moving out of state.
If you are able to answer any of my questions publicly or via message, I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks so much,
- Dec 28, '12 by lvnrnmd2beThis class is super easy...your high school chem was probably harder.
The class has about 12 units; each unit consists of power points, quiz and questions you answer about the sections. All answers are in the PowerPoint. There is a midterm that you do at your own pace, no time limit and final same thing. You also have a presentation due at the end of the units which consist of you picking a topic and arranging the power pointís to answer a certain question from a topic you have covered. On a scale of 1 to 10 10 being hardest I would say a 4. If you have already taken A&P or other college level science classes this should be a breeze.
- Dec 29, '12 by Michael500Thanks a ton!
- Jan 3 by CyndyMHi Lvnrnmd2be, I see that you have take courses at EduKan I was going to PM you but I do not have the ability to because I do not have enough posts.
If you have taken Micro with Edukan can you please explain the format to me? I see very old post that say a proctored lab experience is required but Im not sure if that is the case anymore. I would really like to complete this all at home.
Thank you for you help.
- Jan 3 by lvnrnmd2beI love Edukan. Micro was ok ....you have a quiz, lab with every chapter and final, midterm. The exams are not proctored but they do have a online validation system. Basically like having a PIN you enter before taking the test. The online lab gets some getting used to. but overall it is a good class. a lot of info , so you have to say on top of it .
- Jan 3 by woodsynyCyndyM
I just finished microbiology at edukan. Busy class and an online lab, but it was doable. The lab took me awhile to 'master' it but once I did it was fine. I took it with JW as we cannot say professors name online I guess. It was better than doing it in a 15 week class and the professor was helpful, he always answered questions and was very helpful. Glad i took it and got it over with.