Advice needed- which online college is best RN-BSN degree regional vs national etcRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Advice needed- which online college is best RN-BSN degree regional vs national etc in Nursing Online Distance Learning, part of Online Nursing Schools, Traditional Schools, Colleges, Universities ... I have a question regarding online schools. I am an RN looking to get my BSN. So I've been...by NYRN81 Mar 1I have a question regarding online schools. I am an RN looking to get my BSN. So I've been researching schools online and after much review, I'm now even more confused than ever lol. I keep reading about accreditation- Regional vs National... I was looking at Drexel (Regionally accredited- I'm in NY)- not Nationally though. Chamberlain- is both Nationally and Regionally accredited, although not by my region. However I do know of a lot of Nurses in a local hospital who have used Chamberlain and their degree got accepted there. And then there is Jacksonville university and Amercian sentinel who are both just Nationally recognized. Have any of you gone this route? Any thoughts as to which is best? I would like to further my education after my BSN- So who I choose for my BSN really matters- I don't want to earn a degree that won't count down the line- both school wise and or work wise. Any advise or thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=818898©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 515 Views
- Mar 1 by roseonyeI am in NYC and enjoying Chamberlain college
- Mar 1 by NYRN81Thanks for the reply =). Do you find it easy to navigate the courses online?
I think I'm going to end up choosing Chamberlain as wellLast edit by NYRN81 on Mar 1 : Reason: typo
- Mar 1 by LunahRNBoth regional AND national are important in a program. I graduated from Chamberlain's RN-BSN in 2010 -- thought it was a great program! Just expensive, but I had good tuition reimbursement.
- Mar 2 by roseonyeVery easy to navigate. I choose CCN because it's shorter and a few coworkers loved the school. Its just to expensive but my tuition is a lil over 10 grand
- Mar 2 by NYRN81Thanks for the replies =)