Accepted into online RN to BSN programRegister Today!
- by jonquilRN Jun 11Hello all! I have been accepted into the SUNY Empire RN to BSN. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I wanted to hear if there are other RNs out there who have been accepted, in progress or graduated from the SUNY Empire program. I'd also to ask for some advice or tips any have for me. Thank you in advance!
- Jun 11 by woodsynyCongrats on being accepted into the BSN program at Empire. I originally was accepted there but did not go and chose Ohio University instead. I did not like the clinical component they required as I work almost 5 days a week and they could not give me a straight answer about what transferred and what didn't. In the end, I chose Ohio as I could finish faster and they accepted most of my prior credits and the tuition was great! Good luck to you!Last edit by woodsyny on Jun 11 : Reason: added
- Jun 11 by jonquilRNThank you woodsyny for the input. I like the fact that it's suny tuition. As far as clinicals, I work pt so it may work for me. I was lucky enough to be hired before they required RNs to have their BSN and I'm not in a rush to complete my degree.
Good luck to you at Ohio. And again, thanks for your input.
- Jun 11 by woodsynyI am paying less at Ohio, and I live in New York and will finish sooner! The clinical did not interest me at all. I wanted to make it as painless as possible! You are welcome!
- Jun 12 by jonquilRNHi woodsyny,
I checked out their website and it it looks good. I like how there is a support on this site as well as another social site. I guess I'm more afraid of the 15 weeks crammed into 5. I have been out of school for awhile now, work part time but I have a 2 year old toddler at home so life in my house is busy, to say the least. How has it been for you?
- Jun 12 by woodsynyI was out of school for 31 years. The support of this site, plus a FB page for Ohio BSN students has helped me tremendously. The 5 weeks go very fast. I am in a 15 week elective class and just goes on and on! Many students at OU work and have families. I think every BSN program has their pros/cons. This was the best fit for me and so far am doing well.