The following is my opinion;
Sorry, i ain't buying it
A top 10 dangerous field? (no way)
I can name several jobs are are dangerous
- -OTR Truck Driving
- -Lines man (power)
- -Oil Rig Worker
- -New Construction (works with power tools)
- -High Rise Construction (works on tall buildings)
- -Any type of Heavy Equipment operator
- -Electric work (trades people that work with "live electrical" lines)
- -Night work Police officer in the ghetto
- -Mining work (can you imagine being 1-200 ft below the surface of the earth)
Nurses? (sure, there a psychotic people to tend to), but you usually know in advance who you're dealing with.
Verbal abuse (seriously?) I know hair-dressers that put up verbal abuse (especially when they are working in a Senior Center). Dr's., get sued all the time...(no fault of theirs)---that's "legal abuse."
Erosion of Respect? (Lets get real...Teachers in Class-rooms are being insulted every day,---even harassed by Minor Kids). Stones and projectiles are being hurled at Police officers. Judges tuck pistols under their robes to protect themselves.
IN CASE you haven't read the news lately (the world has gone mad). There is no perfect "JOB"---that's why you get paid greater than average.
If you get injured on the job, you should have a disability policy that protects you (one from your employer, and a private one as well).
This nurse who got arrested, should have realized she over-stepped her boundaries.
my 2 cents