VA Nurse Accused Of Anti-Gay Tirade
- 0Oct 27, '11 by DoGoodThenGoA wounded lesbian Marine veteran who sought mental health treatment at the Dallas VA Medical Center claims she was subjected to an extended anti-gay tirade by a nurse practitioner.
- 9,909 Views
- 18Oct 28, '11 by kidsQuote from VivaLasViejasAnd not all people who claim to have been abused by a health care professional have been.How incredibly inappropriate.
BTW, not all Christians---or people who claim to be---are judgmental toward LGBT folks.
I'll reserve judgement until BOTH sides have had a chance to tell their version of what happened.
- 2Oct 28, '11 by CrazierThanYouWe had a lesbian patient in clinical who was in the end stages of liver failure from Hep C. She was in so much pain and was not ready to die while her partner was devastated. It was heartbreaking to me but one of my classmates wanted to talk about nothing besides the fact that she was gay. And not in a good way, either.
- 10Oct 28, '11 by RyanCarolinaBoyTo me, whether or not a patient is gay/straight/lesbian/bi...is their own business. It makes no difference in my care of them. If this allegation is actually true, then the N.P. absolutely needs to be fired. There is no room in healthcare for this type of bigotry. 100 years ago women didn't even have the right to vote, but look how far we have progressed. Same with the gay issue. It needs to be laid to rest. Straight, gay, whatever...we were "Born This Way" as lady gaga said.
Regardless, I hope that this N.P. wasn't actually this stupid!!!
- 6Oct 29, '11 by HawkensI cannot see someone sitting still for three hours being harangued about their sexual orientation and how they are going to hell. I may be too cynical but I smell something rotten and it is not the NP, maybe somebody is looking for a early Christmas bonus/payoff, nothing gets people to chose sides without paying attention to the details like homosexuality and Christianity.