Texas LVN shoots and kills new mom, abducts 3 day old babyRegister Today!
- by CT Pixie Apr 18, '12I just read this. So very sad! Thankfully the baby boy was found alive and well and is being reunited with his father. Thoughts and prayers to Kala Marie Golden's family and loved ones.
"SPRING, Texas — A registered nurse has been charged with capital murder in the shooting of a young mother and the abduction of her newborn son at a pediatric clinic near Houston, a prosecutor said Wednesday.Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon told ABC's "Good Morning America" that Verna McClain was charged early Wednesday in the killing of Kala Marie Golden...."
- 5,043 Views
- Apr 18, '12 by HouTxJust an FYI y'all - I checked our BON website "Verna McClain" is an LVN (licensed in Oct, 2010), not an RN. Doesn't make it any less horrible, but the press should at least check facts before publication - it's easy enough to do.
- Apr 18, '12 by punkydoodlesRNthis simply blows my mind and makes my heart ache...
houston— capital murder charges have been filed against a woman investigators say fatally shot a mother outside a woodlands-area pediatric center [color=#333333]so she could kidnap the victim’s baby. the suspect, 30-year-old verna mcclain, was in custody wednesday morning.
- Apr 18, '12 by OCNRN63The first report I heard of this said she was a registered nurse. This says she's an LPN. I wonder if she's even a licensed nurse. I don't know how many times I've heard of criminal cases involving "nurses," and then it turns out that they were CNAs or CMAs.
- Apr 18, '12 by HorseshoeThe first report I heard said RN, then the most recent one said LPN. Either way, that's basically irrelevant, though undoubtedly, much will be made of the fact that she is some kind of caregiver.
- Apr 18, '12 by sirIThreads merged.