PBS Program on "Frequent Flyers"
- 7Jun 15, '13 by DoGoodThenGoNeed to Know an excellent series on PBS had a pretty good spot on last night about "frequent flyers", that is patients prone to readmission and how hospitals are coping in light of new federal policies to reduce those numbers.
- 1,616 Views
- 1Jun 17, '13 by xoemmylouoxQuote from Bruce_WaynePerhaps they just saw it. PBS is great and when I have some free time ( ha ha ) I'll watch it.I don't see how something from December posted in June is news.
To comment on the topic at hand though, in my area I have seen doctors and practioners be more aware of readmission rates and more compliance with core measures but nothing radical or sweeping.
- 0Jun 17, '13 by DoGoodThenGoQuote from xoemmylouoxAnd I thank you for having my back.Perhaps they just saw it. PBS is great and when I have some free time ( ha ha ) I'll watch it.
Like I said, just saw the piece last Friday on PBS News Hour and thought it might prove of interest. Over eight hundred persons viewed the link and that is something anyway.
- 0Jun 19, '13 by hope3456PBS has alot documentaries that you can stream directly from their site, which i think is great. I watched one called "Facing Death" that I found really interesting - about end of life care in the U.S. I have been meaning to go back and see if there were some more about healthcare - so I think it is great that you posted this DoGoodThenGo.Last edit by hope3456 on Jun 19, '13
- 0Jun 19, '13 by DoGoodThenGoHaven't seen PBS documentaries online, but if they are anything like their general programming, no thank you. *LOL*
Every five or so minutes program would pause for a "commercial" or whatever PBS calls them break. Once tried watching an episode of "Nature" about Cuba online and simply gave up!
Since we are on PBS it was announced this week that starting this Fall there will be a new "weekend" edition of PBS NewsHour.
PBS NEWSHOUR WEEKEND TO PREMIERE THIS FALL : PBS
Am that thrilled because find the show one of the few unbiased and accurate sources of news on American media. And just loves me some Gwen Ifil!