Patient Awakens As Organs About To Be HarvestedRegister Today!
- by DoGoodThenGo Jul 16Doctors at a Syracuse hospital came within inches of harvesting the organs of a live woman who woke on the operating table, despite previous reports by nurses indicating she was alive.
Doctors at St. Joseph's Hospital Health Center mistakenly ruled that Colleen S. Burns, 41, had suffered a cardiac death in October 2009, according to records published Sunday by the Syracuse Post-Standard behind a $22,000 fine issued by the state department of health.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2ZCLZxLrL
- 881 Views
- Jul 16 by OCNRN63Another example why I will not be an organ donor.
- Jul 16 by CrunchRNVery bizarre.
- Jul 16 by amygarsidethat is scary..
- Jul 18 by DoGoodThenGoCannot imagine anything more horrible. Would anyone on the surgical team have noticed anything *different* if the harvesting surgery had begun.
On another note was reading about the more famous cases of premature burial, which probably happened historically more often than most think. 10 Horrifying Premature Burials - Listverse
With modern embalming practices if you weren't dead before the mortician started his work you soon would be afterwards.
Still, can you imagine if Colleen S. Burns's family had not given consent for organ donation and her "body" was sent to the morgue. There later on the attendants start to hear moans and movement coming from *inside* the storage bay? Can you say "feets don't fail me now"? *LOL*
- Jul 18 by DoGoodThenGoReal tragedy in this is that about a year later the patient in question attempted suicide again, and this time it was successful.
Colleen S. Burns Obituary: View Colleen Burns's Obituary by Syracuse Post Standard
When you read local news reports it seems this hospital either didn't want to know from it's errors and or seems in a rush to harvest this woman's organs.
St. Joe's "dead" patient awoke as docs prepared to remove organs | syracuse.com