Ohio Man Dies in Nursing Home Meth Lab Fire

  1. 1
    I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when I saw this story. No one noticed a meth lab in a resident's room? How badly staffed was this place?

    ASHTABULA, Ohio -- A 31-year-old man died Monday morning after being caught in a fire in a meth lab in a nursing home Sunday night.

    Shaun Warrens died at MetroHealth Medical Center in Cleveland Monday morning, according to the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiners Office, which will conduct an autopsy Tuesday to determine the exact cause of death.

    The Ashtabula Fire Department was called to the Parkhaven Nursing Home in Ashtabula about 8:30 p.m. Sunday, according to a press release. Smoke and flames were coming from a room on the second floor of the facility. Several residents were evacuated.
    VivaLasViejas likes this.
  2. 1,106 Visits
    Find Similar Topics
  3. 6 Comments so far...

  4. 0
    This is probably a case of a "shake and bake" meth cooker. It's a small-scale meth lab using a 2 liter pop bottle.

    New meth formula avoids anti-drug laws - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
  5. 2
    Un-be-freakin'-lievable......I don't even want to know how this got past the management. WOW.
    elprup and Not_A_Hat_Person like this.
  6. 4
    I wonder if the staff was in on it.
  7. 3
    The nursing home involved has closed.
  8. 1
    This does not surprise me. We had a youngish invalid in our facility who was there because his brother refused to have anything further to do with him because he continued to sell drugs from his hospital bed. I hated to have anything to do with him (he was especially nasty), and avoided him as much as I could, even without the scenes that he would cause. He had his personal phone, so I don't suppose the facility administrators cared whether or not he sold drugs from his room. I just didn't want to get caught between him, visitors, and the police.
    DizzyLizzyNurse likes this.
  9. 0
    This person must have been watching Breaking Bad.


Top