Obese inmate execution?? - Page 6Register Today!
- Sep 22, '12 by schroeders_pianoI know of several nurses, including myself, who can place a 18g in anybody in 3 sticks or less. I would be more than happy to volunteer my services to the state of Ohio. The arguement that IV sticks are torture makes my dander rise. Being waterboarded by the CIA is torture, not an IV stick. There are many options for IV access as others have mentioned such as EJ or PICC lines if they think peripheral access won't be possible.
I don't understand the arguement that the dosage might not be enough due to the inmates weight. Ohio has switched to using Pentobarbital as the drug for execution. The normal dosage of this drug is 100-200mg IV. For execution purposes, Ohio gives a dose of 5 grams. I think a dose that is 25-50 times stronger than the normal dosing will be more then sufficient to complete the job.Last edit by schroeders_piano on Sep 22, '12 : Reason: spelling
- Sep 24, '12 by FMF CorpsmanYou seem to be the only one with all of the pertinant facts, so it appears you get the job, if the State of Ohio were to call. No big deal, tell him to have a pleasant trip.
- Quote from Jeweles26You don't know this to be fact.not working, and not contributing in any positive way or form to society?
Prison inmates do in fact work, and actually do good things for society. Perhaps not this particular individual, but I daresay you don't know that for sure.
- Quote from JamaicandolHe's certainly eating MORE. I would argue the "better" part. A lot of low income people are obese, too. You ever wonder why that is? Because unhealthy crap food is also cheap food.You guys miss the big picture. It seems like he is eating better than all of us.
- Sep 26, '12 by leslie :-Dfrom the limited information i've read, it *sounds* like this guy has mastered at playing the system.
still, i am so against the death penalty that his absurd contentions are a moot point for me.
still, i do believe our govt (state or fed'l) is so darned paranoid about denying a prisoner the full extent of their constitutional rights, that he might actually have a chance in succeeding.
my bet is that he'll have a massive mi, sooner vs later (if he wasn't scheduled for execution).
i am much more ok with that.
- Jul 9 by SteillareHI Joen635dc,
I saw your post from awhile ago about how everyone got their license on BON but yours were delayed. I am currently at the same situation. Among all the people that I the nclex at the same time with me, everyone got their license on BON, except me. The only thing that I did (that they didn't do) was paying for quick result the night before. Can you tell me what you did to resolve this issue? I called both pearson and BON, they just brush me off with the "2-30" wait. But EVERYONE who didn't pay for quick result got theirs. This is so frustrating. anyone advice?
- Jul 10 by LPN2RNn2011IDK what to tell ya'...There are ppl from my class that hv took it and failed 5times?! But there ws 1 gurl that went to Savannah and while she ws there a bad storm came through and the lights went out. She said they told her she cld either leave and wait for the lights or leave and cm bk to take the test. She decided to leave and just re-schedule. About a week later she tried to re-schedule but ws told she cld'nt because she had PASSED the test. She said she really don't know HOW she passed it because when the lights went out she ws only on #58??? But yet they say the min. # of questions is 75?! Now someone explain that to me?!