Nurses set to perform abortions - UKRegister Today!
- by brian Admin Apr 26, '04Nurses should be allowed to carry out abortions to speed up the process and defuse growing controversy over terminations late in pregnancy, according to family planning chiefs.
Waiting times to end a pregnancy could be cut by letting more junior staff oversee 'medical abortions' - drugs that induce a miscarriage - or simple surgery such as the vacuum procedure, says the Family Planning Association. Under current law, only doctors can perform a termination. But the FPA chief...
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=64746©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Apr 26, '04 by elkparkI assume we are talking about (the UK equivalent of) CNMs and NPs? Sounds good to me ...
- Apr 26, '04 by fergus51UK doesn't have L&D nurses, they are midwives. They do deliveries and have other responsibilities American L&D nurses don't. I see no problem with this as long as they are well trained.
- Apr 26, '04 by Marie_LPN, RNEducation and training, OK with me.
- Apr 26, '04 by nurseunderwaterEducated, trained and safe....OK with me...
- Apr 26, '04 by SarahCelesteThe LAST thing we need is easier access and availability of abortion, be it in the UK or the US.
- Apr 26, '04 by nurseunderwaterQuote from SarahCeleste:angryfireThe LAST thing we need is easier access and availability of abortion, be it in the UK or the US.
mom of 3
- Apr 27, '04 by canoeheadWas this an abortion debate? Jeez....get me out of this joint.
- Apr 27, '04 by TweetiePieRNQuote from SarahCeleste:angryfire :angryfireThe LAST thing we need is easier access and availability of abortion, be it in the UK or the US.
Pro-choice and proud of it!
- Apr 27, '04 by nurseunderwaterQuote from canoeheadWas this an abortion debate? Jeez....get me out of this joint.
RUN FOR YOUR LIVES..............THERE'S A LOBSTER LOOSE :chuckle