Nurse posts brain surgery pics on Facebook
- 0Aug 11, '08 by student456
- 3Aug 12, '08 by MisterSimba"Svensson has also been in contact with the nurse, who is away on vacation, and he says she is devastated about the consequences of her actions."
She is devastated by the consequences of her actions??? Maybe she should have thought of this before posting pictures of patients' surgeries on her Facebook! ......and now she's probably on a permanent vacation! .....common sense is apparently not so common!
- 3Aug 12, '08 by Batman24I don't know the laws in their country but in America chances are more than good she'd be fired, lose her license, and then get herself sued. I think she's more devastated that she got caught than anything else. She knows better. Yeesh.
- 2Aug 12, '08 by MisterSimbaQuote from ScrubbyYeah, I would definitely feel angry....and violated! The thought of someone taking pictures of an unconscious patient and posting them online really gives me the creeps!The article said the patients could not be identified, but even so what this nurse did was completely wrong. If I was a surgical patient i'd feel pretty angry about photos of my operation being on facebook.
- 3Aug 19, '08 by RetiredTooSoonFrom the UKTelegraph...
Her job at a hospital in Stockholm is now at risk after she put 14 photos from a brain surgery and a back operation to her account on the popular social networking site...
The patients could not be identified from the photos, which have now been deleted from her internet page, but staff at the hospital have had an emergency meeting to remind them about patient privacy.
The woman, who has been suspended, is said to be "devastated" by her actions. It seems she wanted to impress her friends with her high powered job.
Isn't this something we all learned back in our first nursing school classes? How did she miss that lesson?