Nurse accused of punishing elderly patient who wet herself (UK) - page 4
Nurse 'shouted at elderly woman and stripped her naked in full view of other patients because she'd wet herself' Source: Daily Mail... Read More
- 4Jun 29, '09 by augiebearit is so disgusting how patients are mistreated, especially in LTC. Here in Hawaii, a CNA was accused and convicted of pinching 3 elderly womens nipples while undressing and dressing them. After he would do that he would laugh at them and I guess he figured they couldn't tell or no one would believe them because they suffered from dementia. The judge made an example out of him and sentenced him to 4 yrs!! In another facility where I was working as a private caregiver, the CNA's would constantly harrass and get their laughs from the patients(it was the memory floor). One CNA told a patient that a particular patient was pregnant from her husband. They constantly broke rules and laws, like when they were making trouble to patients and the patients asked to see someone else, they just laughed.Or patients said they want to make a complaint they would say ok, so and so was coming, but no one was notified and the CNA's figure they can do this because the patient wont remember. Once when the LPN was passing meds, a patient asked what it was and the LPN told him something false and the patient knew and demanded to know what is was and the LPN refused to tell him and told him just take it! Another time no one was watching a patient in the dining room and she fell so hard and hit her head on a counter ledge, a CNA told this same LPN what happened and she said, oh no she always sits on the ground, I had to tell her, "NO, she fell hard and hit her head!!" some people are just disgusting and this lady in this post should not only be stripped of her license but thrown in jail!!
- 1Jun 29, '09 by RedSox33RNAbsolutely horrible.....I want to cry reading about that poor woman, and think about all the residents that witnessed this horror, who may believe that they will be treated with the same indignity and disrespect as this woman. That nurse should have more than her license revoked.
- 0Jun 29, '09 by dhinson45Like I said before, stip the lic, press charges and send to prison. Hopeflly she is a small pretty woman as there are some VERY large wemon in the prison setting and having been a prison nurse, well aware of their codes, they have mothers and grandmothers too. This goes for ANY person guilty of neglect to abuse. Do not tolerate it, PERIOD!
- 0Jun 29, '09 by pagandeva2000Quote from heronSlightly OT ... Cyndi, your posts are very hard to read through ... paragraph breaks are your friend.
Those of us with old eyes have a very hard time with long unbroken blocks of single-spaced text.
I am feeling the same way. You are making some excellent points but with no paragraphs, this is VERY difficult to read. Please break it up with paragraphs for better communication and interaction.:spin:
- 1Jun 29, '09 by MaritesaRNQuote from blue noteNurse 'shouted at elderly woman and stripped her naked in full view of other patients because she'd wet herself'
Source: Daily Mail
Nurses like this should not and should never work w/ the elderly. the elderly are in a sensitive phase wherein the integrity is the issue of this population. If that place is understaffed , then one must leave for this is in conflict w/ good care ! We should have a staffing ratio regulation in this places also.
- 1Jun 30, '09 by c646Quote from stim3jtAnd no wonder that nursing homes/LTC facilities have such b-a-d reputations.This nurse truly gives all the good nurses a bad name. No wonder people don't trust the medical field. This is soooo sad. .:angryfire
As others have said, this nurse needed to find a different job a long time ago.
- 2Jun 30, '09 by c646Quote from Vito AndoliniTrue enough...It is understandable yet very distressing how many responses here include the wish to do bodily harm.
but if this nurse had been able to safely vent/express her anger somewhere (such as this bulletin board) perhaps she might not have done this terrible act.
It seems a lot better to get things out of one's system on an internet site rather than walking around as a ticking time bomb.