NCLEX To Be Required For Canadian NursesRegister Today!
This is a discussion on NCLEX To Be Required For Canadian Nurses in Nursing News, part of General Nursing ... OTTAWA, Dec. 9, 2011 /CNW/ - The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) is shocked at the announcement...by DoGoodThenGo Dec 12, '11OTTAWA, Dec. 9, 2011 /CNW/ - The Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) is shocked at the announcement by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) that NCSBN will bring the NCLEX-RNŽ exam to Canada for the purpose of licensing new nurses. This means that by as early as 2015, the current Canadian exam will no longer exist and new nurses could be writing an exam with no Canadian content.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=653017Š2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Dec 30, '11 by elprupThank you for this.
- Dec 31, '11 by dishesIf you are interested, this topic is also being discussed in the Canadian forum http://allnurses.com/canadian-nurses...at-652105.html
- Dec 31, '11 by heartnursingHere is the website for the CNA which published this article
Canadian Nurses Association - News Releases - Concern grows over adoption of American registered nurse exam
- Jan 1, '12 by MeriwhenInteresting. I would hope that if they're going to adopt a foreign test such as the NCLEX that they better customize it so it addresses Canadian laws and nursing practices.
- Jan 2, '12 by lilcampy310I think our own standardized test should be required for ALL foreign nurses.
- Jan 2, '12 by OCNRN63Quote from lilcampy310If they want to practice here, sure, but for a nurse in the UK who wants to practice in the UK? Pretty presumptuous.I think our own standardized test should be required for ALL foreign nurses.
- Jan 3, '12 by MeriwhenQuote from OCNRN63I think that's all the poster meant, that the NCLEX should be required for non-US nurses who wish to come to the US to practice as a nurse. I don't think they were applying it globally.If they want to practice here, sure, but for a nurse in the UK who wants to practice in the UK? Pretty presumptuous.
- Jan 3, '12 by lilcampy310Quote from MeriwhenYes that's what I meant- ThanksI think that's all the poster meant, that the NCLEX should be required for non-US nurses who wish to come to the US to practice as a nurse. I don't think they were applying it globally.
- Jan 4, '12 by AprettynewRNI'm not sure how I feel about this. Nursing is a universal profession and I think a better solution is to have a international agreement on content and composition of national exams than to use one exam that may not reflect the customs or workings of the society/system.
Is there some evidence of higher percentages of medical errors made by Canadian nurses that I'm unaware of or did some agency that specializes in flooding the market with Phillipina nurses complain it was "unfair" fo them to have to pass NCLEX when Canadians didn't maybe?Last edit by AprettynewRN on Jan 4, '12