The Midwife As A Status SymbolRegister Today!
- by DoGoodThenGo Jun 15, '12BESIDES being impossibly gorgeous mothers, what else do Christy Turlington, Karolina Kurkova and Gisele BŁndchen have in common?
Each could probably afford to buy her own private wing at a hospital, but instead of going to a top-notch obstetrician, all chose a midwife to deliver their babies..
- 1,172 Views
- Jun 16, '12 by mrmedicalAre these "nurse midwives" or "midwives" like a lay midwife?
- Jun 16, '12 by DoGoodThenGo
- Jun 17, '12 by Not_A_Hat_PersonLast edit by Not_A_Hat_Person on Jun 17, '12 : Reason: spelling
- Jun 17, '12 by Nurse2bKimberlyI think it may be more of a "trendy" thing for celebs to wanna have home births. I remember a few years ago, singer Erykah Badu delivered her third child at home (idk if she had a midwife, but i'm guessing she did). She tweeted throughout the labor. And also I remember watching "Tia & Tamera" on Style network last yr & Tia was interviewing midwives & doulas b/c she wanted to deliver at home. Ultimately she chose to deliver at a hospital & had to have a C-section.
- Jun 20, '12 by AdeleyeI'd hardly call it a status symbol lol. I get embarrassed when I say I used a midwife because of how poorly people think of them.