Levophed shortageRegister Today!
- by dh07RN Feb 20, '11Saw that there is a levophed shortage...anyone know why?
- Feb 20, '11 by ♪♫ in my ♥Just a guess but I'm thinking it's the same issues that cause other shortages: A combination of manufacturing/quality-control problems and the concentration of production in very, very few plants...
There's no reserve/excess capacity in the production system.
- Feb 20, '11 by azhiker96Our hospital just finished a 3 month stint without furosemide. They stocked bumetanide as a substitute. I don't think the public knows just how scarce some of the meds have become.
- Feb 20, '11 by ♪♫ in my ♥It's out in the mass-market media: Drug Shortages...
Among others, it says that there's a shortage of Dilaudid... that must be because how much the stuff we push in our hospital... it often seems that I give out more Dilaudid than I do water.
- Feb 21, '11 by JemJAre you guys having a morphine shortage? We are at my hospital
- Feb 22, '11 by blondy2061hLevo is a crappy drug to be short on. I mean, nothing really works quite like it.
- Feb 24, '11 by dh07RNJust got another email saying there is a shortage on dopamine now!
- Feb 27, '11 by CoolhandHutchI hear we're going to be out of bretylium soon