LA Nurse to aim movie cameras at EDRegister Today!
- by JRP1120, RN Jun 14, '11I thought this was interesting and am curious to see how it will turn out. Came from Nurse.com. Check it out and post your thoughts.
"Leonel Oliva, RN, recently ended a 16-hour shift at Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles Medical Center in Venice, Calif., and stayed up to add a dramatic patient care scene to his Hollywood-style script about the life-and-death decisions that nurses face in busy EDs."
- Jun 14, '11 by herring_RNI wish him well.
If he has the skill to write a script and make a film I'm thinking a nurse would be best for accuracy.
Nurses notes and ticking off on a check list is a very different skill.
It would be so good to have a realistic film. He may be the next independent film maker. Entering a film festival is a good way to get it seen. (First is getting it done.
If the film is made I will go see it.
I live in LA and know members of the writers guild. It is a unique skill set. Lots of re-writes. One uses me for nursing or medical accuracy. I do it free because I'm good friends with her aunt. If you watch TV crime fiction you've heard actors deliver her words.
I also know people with great ideas that went nowhere.
PS: That Kaiser isn't in Venice. It is near Venice Blvd. which runs west to east from the ocean past downtown LA.
California Hospital is also on Venice Blvd. Downtown LA. I've worked registry at both hospitals.
- Jun 15, '11 by Turd FergusonQuote from bsnanat2Prob...It's one of my favorites too. I wonder if HIPAA killed it?
Yes but they havent made a new episode in a decade
Kind of like "Rescue 911!", that show never should have died.
- Jun 15, '11 by JRP1120, RNQuote from WildcatFanRNMy DH channel was replaced by OWN. So it's now DHandFitness in one? Before ours was replaced we kept seeing ads saying it was going to become OWN but with no leads on where DH channel was moving to! Aggravating! Figured we just must not get it anymore guess I'll have to search for it.It's still on....late on the new Discovery Health and Fitness channel.
- Jun 15, '11 by JRP1120, RNNope, not in my area anymore. Thanks Oprah!