kidney thrown awayRegister Today!
- by Mulan Aug 25, '12of course, it had to be a nurse that did it
"TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — A health commissioner says a nurse accidentally disposed of a kidney from a living donor at an Ohio hospital that later suspended its kidney transplant program."
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=777341©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 25, '12 by yadi87so i just stumbled upon a news article that stated that a nurse at the University of Toledo Medical Center accidentaly threw away a live donors kidney in the trash.....
ok first what thought process goes over ths nurses mind as they grab a kidney intended to be transplanted into the patient thats in front of them and instead throws it away in the garbage, the doctors tried to save it but couldnt..if i were the patient i would sue the pants off that nurse and make damn sure the license is taken away so that they could never touch or harm another patient again.
Granted we are human and by nature we all make mistakes but to hold a living kidney in your hand and toss it.....what was she or he thinking???
anyways here is he link to the article
- Aug 25, '12 by nurse2033This sounds bad but we don't know any of the details. I would want to know a lot more about what happened before I picked up my pitchfork and joined the mob.
- Aug 25, '12 by amoLuciaQuote from nurse2033Exactly as you said.This sounds bad but we don't know any of the details. I would want to know a lot more about what happened before I picked up my pitchfork and joined the mob.
To yadi - I'm thinking about glass houses, casting stones and walking in someone else's shoes. Don't be so quick, please, I'm betting that nurse feels horrid.Last edit by sirI on Aug 27, '12
- Aug 25, '12 by PicklefreakYes, that is a little short on details. It sounds like a systemic failure possibly. Why was the kidney where it could be mistaken for trash?
- Aug 25, '12 by Asystole RNI am usually pretty harsh on the conduct of nurses but wow ...
I am willing to be there were some odd circumstances surrounding this. Sentinel events are never the result of a single action.Last edit by sirI on Aug 27, '12
- Aug 25, '12 by PunkBenRNYikes. Could you imagine how bad that nurse feels right now?
- Aug 25, '12 by tyvinYep...I'm glad the voice of reason answered first before a sleuth of wanna be Grand Inquisitors from the Spanish Inquisition started in with their interpretations.
We weren't there and we don't know what happened...
- Aug 25, '12 by Asystole RNQuote from PunkBenRNWatch for a "Worst shift ever!" Thread.Yikes. Could you imagine how bad that nurse feels right now?
- Aug 25, '12 by MulanUTMC nurse tossed out kidney, ruined it - Toledo Blade
This article actually mentions the nurses by name.