Investigation into mom who allegedly took child to tanning salonRegister Today!
- by LadyinScrubs May 2, '12A fair-skinned, red-haired 5 year-old female goes to school complaining of redness and bumps on her skin. Asked what happened, child said she went "tanning" with mom. It is said that a picture is worth a thousand words--here is a video of a local news interview of mom and of the child
What are your thoughts.
- 2,217 Views
- May 2, '12 by calinurse11Did she sneek it in, or is it legal to tan a 5 year old? I read an article earlier today but it didnt specify. I remember trying to go tanning when I was 17 (already graduated high school) and I had to have my mom sign a paper. This woman is crazy.
- May 2, '12 by calinurse11OMG I watched the video! That woman is so brown, wow
- May 2, '12 by psu_213It is very disturbing if indeed the mother let the girl tan...and why did the operators of the tanning salon even let the mother bring the girl back.
Almost equally disturbing is the color of the mom's skin. It is flat out dangerous to tan that much to have you skin that color (in comparison to her pre tanned photo).
- May 2, '12 by SkyeHawk3That's not brown, that's orange gone sour!
- May 2, '12 by JZ_RNKids don't need to tan. Not even adults "need" to tan. That's just ridiculous. And her skin is way gross. Can you say melanoma? She doesn't have a healthy glow, she looks like charred barbeque...
- May 2, '12 by Esme12That baby has been tanned and her mother has a mental illness.....it is obvious she needs assistance for her body dysmorphic disorder.
- May 2, '12 by KaroSnowQueenThe child looks fine. The mother....wow....she is way off the rails to have that much 'tan'.
- May 2, '12 by JustBeachyNurseIn NJ the minimum age to tan is 14. Those 14-17 must have a parent on site to consent. It's against NJ (nanny) law to tan in a "salon" in NJ if 13 yrs old or less.
I'm surprised they are pushing for court so quickly. Dept of Youth & Family services have been dinged on a few major deaths in NJ so they may be hypercritical again of out of the ordinary cases.
That said, it seems mom needs some serious help for her addiction her skin is not a normal color.