Infant Stolen From Magee-Womens Hospital RecoveredRegister Today!
- by DoGoodThenGo Aug 23, '12Three day old infant taken from a local PA hospital has been found later same day unharmed.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/neighborhoods-city/woman-removes-3-day-old-child-from-magee-womens-hospital-650244/Last edit by JustBeachyNurse on Aug 24, '12 : Reason: clarification of statement
- 880 Views
- Aug 24, '12 by elkparkHe wasn't found three days later; he was three days old. He was found the same day he was taken (yesterday).
- Aug 24, '12 by DoGoodThenGoQuote from elkparkSorry, yes saw that this morning on the local news shows that covered the story.He wasn't found three days later; he was three days old. He was found the same day he was taken (yesterday).
Cannot edit the post so hopefully the mods will do so for me.
- Aug 24, '12 by MulanWow, pretty slick!
That's not supposed to happen anymore.
- Aug 24, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNThat's terrifying- especially since I'm going to be delivering my first baby in the next couple of weeks. Just another reminder for me to make sure I identify any staff before they leave with the baby, and have me or my husband accompany them whenever possible.
We use security bands for patients in our PICU as well. Our policy is that, when the patient is discharged, a nurse must walk them out to security, cut off the ID band in front of the security officer and sign the patient out. We do not cut off the security band before they are walking out of the hospital, even if they are just waiting to be discharged.