Hospital reveals details to prankster pretending to the The QueenRegister Today!
- by KatieP86 Dec 5, '12The hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge has released private details about her condition to two prank callers from an Australian radio station.
I bet the Nurse in question is feeling pretty bad but seriously? The accents were terrible- and this is a top Private hospital. They must have treated high profile patients before and have a protocol for this situation.
- 9,467 Views
- Dec 5, '12 by ukjenn231I feel bad for this nurse, if she really believed it was the Queen then I know she wouldn't have wanted to question her authenticity... Yikes
- Dec 5, '12 by arl50I am not sure if the UK has a law similar to HIPAA, but this article about a nurse revealing confidential information about Kate in response to 2 prank callers from a radio talk show is pretty upsetting.
- Dec 5, '12 by JustBeachyNurseThreads merged in nursing news forum for continuity.
- Dec 5, '12 by KatieP86Quote from arl50We have strict confidentiality laws. This hospital has treated several members of the Royal family, and celebrities. I am sure they have a protocol for this. I feel bad for the nurse, though. She is likely in a lot of trouble.I am not sure if the UK has a law similar to HIPAA, but this article about a nurse revealing confidential information about Kate in response to 2 prank callers from a radio talk show is pretty upsetting.
Kate Middleton pregnant: Security scare as Australian radio DJs dupe nurse into giving out medical details | Mail Online
- Dec 5, '12 by T-Bird78As much as we gripe about it, that is the reason for HIPAA protection in the US. I know when I've been in the hospital they ask if they can give any information about my condition to callers and it's documented yes or no. On the other hand, I don't know how many people would be questioning the Queen!
- Dec 5, '12 by CedenoI heard the prank call. The nurse sounded rather nervous. Is it possible that she didn't want to question it because "the Queen" had been patched through? Could she lose her job, you think? :<
- Cannot believe these vultures are starting at the dss of C already. Am willing to be PW blew a gasket when he found out, I mean this coming on top of the nasty private photos taken and released eariler this year.
It seems the much of the press, media and world in general have learned little from their their treatment of the late Diana, Pss of Wales, and having been without a royal pss to run to ground, intend on making up for lost time.
I think the so called "reporters" should be flogged and or keel hauled.
Poor dss of C! This probably confirms her worst fears about marrying into the RF and in particular could generate feelings of how she's going to cope not only for her own sake but her child and or children as well.
- Quote from CedenoHead of the hospital isn't saying what or if anything will happen to the chatty nurse, but did defend his staff by saying they are trained in patient care, not to deal with media tricks.I heard the prank call. The nurse sounded rather nervous. Is it possible that she didn't want to question it because "the Queen" had been patched through? Could she lose her job, you think? :<
Kate Middleton pregnant: hospital security blunder as Kate's nurse falls for hoax call - Telegraph
- According to the gossip media the dss of C is expecting twins (revealed via ultrasound one supposes), but IIRC twins do not run in the Windsor family, not sure about the Middletons. Given the time that elapsed between her marriage and first pregnancy along with rumors of *false starts* one wonders if the Prince and dss or at least the latter had a little *help*.
In my part of NYC (Manhattan) it seems a good percentage of new mothers used fertility services, which accounts for all the twins/multiple births according to some studies.Last edit by DoGoodThenGo on Dec 5, '12 : Reason: Content