Helen Mirren says many hookers came from nursing profession - page 5
by westcoastgirl 14,662 Views | 119 Comments
actress Helen Mirren goes on record to say she thinks many hookers were nurses!!! :eek::eek::eek: I am so offended and incensed by this.....is there some way to collectively demand an apology? I used to be such a fan of hers... Read More
- 3Jun 16, '10 by rn/writer GuideQuote from westcoastgirlAnyone who takes as fact Helen Mirren's opinion (based on one night's research in a single establishment) probably thinks the Enquirer is worth citing in a term paper.actress Helen Mirren goes on record to say she thinks many hookers were nurses!!!
I am so offended and incensed by this.....is there some way to collectively demand an apology? I used to be such a fan of hers UNTIL NOW
As for being highly offended and incensed, don't dignify her flawed assertions with that much energy and attention.
Someone mentioned that she has a Facebook page. But, for the record, a "demanded" apology isn't worth the breath used to make it. If some of you want to leave her a message, it's usually far more effective to say that you were disappointed by her remarks and wait for a genuine reaction than it is to hit her with indignation.
Putting her foot in her mouth doesn't diminish her stellar acting chops and interesting personality. It's okay to let her be wrong and still like her.Last edit by rn/writer on Jun 16, '10
- 6Jun 16, '10 by MSADNYep. there are more serious issues out there, but the ignorance of the statement ...
As for myself, I don't think I'll be found in a Nevada brothel anytime soon, on either side of the ledger.
1. As a prostitute, I would starve to death.
2. As a patron, my wife would beat me to death.
Nah, think I'll pass.
- 1Jun 16, '10 by smallnurse10She made that statement based on what she heard from the girls at the brothel. I am from Nevada and know Susan Austin. A lot of the girls say they are nurses for whatever reason, but they are not. Since she heard this from a lot of the girls she assumed it to be true. No reason to get all upset about it.
- 2Jun 16, '10 by nursel56 GuideQuote from JulieCVICURNAnd people like Martin Sheen shouldn't think because they play a President on TV they are qualified to tell the real ones how to do their job. . .If everyone felt this way, people like Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh wouldn't have talk shows.
Totally agree that someone who makes their living pretending to be another person shouldn't be regarded as a rocket scientist, but when the Congress invites Meryl Streep in to share her expertise on the carcinogenic effects of pesticides in fruit, I think it's saying that we, as a society place more weight on the words of these people than we would if the mailman said it.
I'm not mad at Helen anyway. It was just a silly thing to say.
- 0Jun 16, '10 by romanticThank you, SharonH, RN. I watched the episode. You are right. To make such a statement in public, being a well known actress, one should know what glass she breaks.
I wonder where did she take the numbers/statistics to make this conclusion. Anyway, it sounds unprofessional, inappropriate and, I hope, it is not more than misleading disinformation.