Was famed nurse Nightingale bipolar? - Page 2Register Today!
- Apr 13, '04 by mannaYou know, I thought it was a common speculation that many of the great intellectuals and artists of the past were supposed to have mental illnesses of some sort or another?
I've always figured that with great intelligence or talent comes a little loopiness elsewhere! :chuckle
- Apr 14, '04 by teeituptomThat doesnt explain Bushie
- Apr 14, '04 by Grace OzDon't know about you lot, but I often hear "voices!"..... And, some of them even make sense!!
Now, out of respect for Florence... let's leave her in peace, and give thanks for the gift of her to the planet.
- Apr 14, '04 by CherishI don't know if she had bipolar or not (it doesn't matter she accomplished A LOT!). I do think that she may have had PTSD, but many people would have had this if they went through the ordeals she did. I think everyone will remember her for the service she provided man(wo-)kind, not on if she had a mental illness.
- Apr 14, '04 by prmenrsI once met a DNSc, dean of a School of Nursing--her dissertation was on Flo!!! Hard to imagine!
- Apr 14, '04 by CCU NRSI have my doubts but who can tell it sort of like Joan of Arc being schizophrenic how can anyone know now. The Dr Hall summed it up best saying it is an interesting parlor game.
- Apr 14, '04 by veteranRN:angryfire just another attempt to label people:angryfire
- Apr 15, '04 by stressednurseMaybe she had an autoimmune disease such as Lupus, MS or MD that would also wax and wane. Maybe she just needed Motrin and it wasnt invented yet. She was a very self motivated person no matter what medical or mental diagnosis fits her. She started the career that I follow, so she is the best!
- Apr 15, '04 by smk1does anyone else wonder why these experts don't spend more time working on acutal, current problems instead of wondering about issues that are long past and have no findable answer now?
- Apr 16, '04 by wmaratQuote from VickyRNWhy, when I talk to G-d it's called a pray and when G-d talks to me it's called schizophrenia?On the other hand, what if God really does speak to people?