cheating at nursing school - Page 2Register Today!
- May 28, '08 by fragino"...For how can you compete,
Being honour bred, with one
Who, were it proved he lies,
Were neither shamed in his own
Nor in his neighbours' eyes?..."
William Butler Yeats
- May 28, '08 by CityKatI experienced this at my university and a bunch of us went to the dean about it and guess what? They graduated!! Totally unacceptable in my eyes
- May 28, '08 by felixfelixthe biggest cheater in my class was president of the NSNA.
- May 28, '08 by Rnurse4963I also believe nurses who sell drugs in their nursing class, are approached by dealers and refuse to say who they are and brag about it later are unreliable and a hazard to all they are to care for. I think drug screening should be mandatory for all nursing students prior to entry, and randomly through out college. This would certainy benefit older nurses who sadly shake their head at this behavior who work along side them, and any patients meds who they cant be trusted with.
- May 28, '08 by abundantjoy07As far as them allowing the students back into the program, all I have to say is "money talks." The school knows the more students they have the greater income they will generate. Is it right? No, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
- May 29, '08 by EricJRNI merged posts from another thread on the same subject in the Texas Forum. Carry on!
- May 29, '08 by mcubed45make your voices heard.
i would think if the university gets enough negative publicity they'll reconsider their decision. get the local hospitals involved. if these potential employers refuse to hire any of these students it sends a strong message. demand their names be released for the safety of patients.
- May 29, '08 by RedRobin8How about the certain online programs that facilitate the temptation to cheat by allowing testing and even final exams from home...with no proctoring.
- May 29, '08 by mel2009As a current NS going into my final year, I know that I would rather fail a test than cheat and get an A. The tests are supposed to show you what you know and what you will need to know. It is appalling that theese students can't see past the tests and that the knowledge learned will be needed to save people's lives. I can't believe that they were allowed back and in the next semester! At my school if you fail and have to retake a course you have to appeal and wait for a spot. It can take a few semesters to get back in and the cheaters are allowed back right away. Ok my and rant are done.
- May 29, '08 by cad4296This is outrageous! I can't believe they are allowed to graduate! I live in Houston (but attend another school thank god!) and I may have to work with these cheaters in the future! I am so outraged that all they get is a slap on the hand and still get to go out there and have lives in their hands. At my school you have to go before a panel and plead your case to get reaccepted if you fail once. Fail twice and you're out for good. I can't believe they are just going to let them waltz back into the program like nothing happened when there are so many good honest people trying to get a spot in a nursing program! Absolutely horrifying!