Bachelors Degree requirement for Mickey D's!!!!!!
- 5Apr 4, '13 by BSNbeDONEhttp://now.msn.com/mcdonalds-job-ad-...ree-experience
Bachelors required in a burger joint? Really? So, deductive reasoning would suggest that a new grad ASN-RN who can't find a job would not meet the requirements to flip burgers at Mickey D's. What on Earth is the word coming to???
- 15Apr 4, '13 by TheCommuter Senior ModeratorIn this sluggish economy, I'll bet top dollar that some people will actually respond to this employment ad. All those unemployed college grads who majored in literature, philosophy, and sociology need job prospects, too.
- 4Apr 4, '13 by TheCommuter Senior ModeratorQuote from netglowLOL, I worked at two different McDonald's locations many moons ago (1998), and the only workers who received benefits were the store manager and assistant store manager. None of the cashiers or crew members received benefits, even the ones who were full-time, because their minimum wage earning were too low to afford the deductions from their paychecks.Lots of people will fight for an interview for this job - careerchangers who nursing failed to employ, lawyers, accountants and just about everybody else who really needs a job with benes!
BTW, I know of someone with a nursing license who works part time at a fast food joint due to an inability to find that first nursing job one year after graduation.
- 4Apr 4, '13 by WeepingAngelNot going to lie; I considered working at Dunkin Donuts in that in-between after graduating from nursing school, when I worked at my hospital as a PCT, before they said they would hire me as an RN. Desperate times, desperate measures
- 5Apr 4, '13 by smartypantsnurseLol I work part time as a waitress (start my first nursing job next week) and you would be surprised at how many of my co workers are college educated! Like the previous post said, unemployment is especially bad for people who have degrees in philosophy or some BS like that. Managers can be picky now days.
- 2Apr 4, '13 by eatmysoxRNI've also worked at McDonald's while I was in high school. Hated it. It wasn't as much the open hours but closing the inside and finding all the nasty messes...
The last straw for me there was finding some ranch dressing that had spilled under a booth and was covered with a flyer thing and baked all day. I barfed while cleaning it up and quit on the spot. Not worth $5/hr and I just didn't get to shop every week.
Requiring a Bachelors degree for that? And probably still being paid minimum wage? Makes me thankful for nursing.
~ No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent -Eleanor Roosevelt ~