A very sad story from a local medical center:
Published Friday April 2, 2010
Death prompts stiffer control
By Michael O'Connor and Rick Ruggles
A commonly used blood thinner that can be a life-saver during hospital stays can turn deadly if given in too high a dose.
An overdose of the drug may have played a role in the death of a Texas toddler Wednesday at the Nebraska Medical Center, hospital officials said.
The officials said hospital staffers took steps Thursday to reduce the risk of future overdoses.