81 year old nurse still working strong! - Page 12Register Today!
- Apr 13, '11 by looking for workQuote from tewdlesNo anger with the old nurse who continues to work. Rather disappointment with any nurse who malingers on light duty, increases workload of others, does not pull her/his own weight, but refuses to throw in the towel because direct deposit hits every 2 weeks. Its obvious who is in it purely for the money.Okay...so be angry with the person who lied to you about the "nursing shortage" and convinced you to go to nursing school.
Do not be angry with the old nurse who continues to work.
- Apr 14, '11 by looking for workMy guess if she picks up OT, she is not on light duty?
- Apr 14, '11 by Fiona59Our contracts permit anyone to pick up OT. They want a warm body with a practice permit on the floor.
- Apr 15, '11 by looking for workWell if you can work, then do, but if you cant, time to go
- May 14 by Myra BrosiusWe are all suffering in this economy. Do not blame the older nurses for your situation. There are many older people who have been laid off in many positions who are not able to compete with the young graduates-- everyone is suffering. Let's not attack one age group over the other.
- May 22 by amygarsidecan the nurse still perform her duties well??