5 Babies Die in Hospital FireRegister Today!
- by Cindy-san Feb 2, '09Five babies die in fire at India hospital
NEW DELHI, India (CNN) -- Five newborns receiving treatment for a skin ailment at a government hospital in north India died after a fire broke out Saturday, authorities said.
Surinder Singh, the medical superintendent of Rajendra hospital in Punjab state, told CNN that all babies were less than 2 weeks old.
"It appeared to be an electric short circuit" that caused the fire, Singh said.
The incident happened about 4 a.m. (5:30 p.m. ET), according to hospital authorities. Hospital staff members were able to save five other babies, three of whom are receiving treatment for burns, according to Singh.
How terrible. Poor little things! My heart goes out to the families.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=367381©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Feb 2, '09 by dreamonHow awful! Rest in peace little ones.
- Feb 2, '09 by VivaLasViejasYe gods...............
- Feb 2, '09 by swirlynrsThis is horrible! My thoughts and prayers are with their families. My husbands son, from a previous relationship,was burned, as a newborn, by a warmer that malfunctioned and got too hot. He is now 13 yrs old and over heats because his sweat glands were damaged. Despite all the scarring, limitations and taunting by uneducated kids, he is a very funny, caring and adventurous young man. I hope these families receive all the help, support and resources they deserve and need.
- Feb 3, '09 by xlilchatonxThat's awful.
RIP Little ones<3
- Feb 3, '09 by indigo girlOMG, those poor babies! How devastated their families must be.
The hospital staff must be greatly distressed also after such a tragedy. I know I would be. My heart goes out to all of them.