Hello I am a second year nursing student and I just needed some help with an assignment. I am taking a class called nursing perspectives and we were given a role transition assignement which involves interviewing a nurse manager. I have tried calling hospitals in my area, in delaware but so far I have not gotten a response. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Some of the questions I have for a nurse manager are:
1. What expectations do you have for a graduate nuse. What skills should a new graduate already have mastered?
2. How extensive is your orientation program; is it self paced?
3. What is your management style, and why type of employee do you think works best with you?
4. Can you describe the atmosphere of your hospital, is it nurse friendly?
5. Would you consider yourself to be a good listener?
6. What do you think is the best way to reduce turnover for new nurses?
7. Is it truth or myth that nurses eat their young?
If anyone has the time to answer these questions, please send me an email at email@example.com
. I would also like to know the name and location of your hosiptal.