Feel very disrespected by Administrator - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 3, '09 by LacieI posted in the dialysis forum but just to update. Today was my very last day!!!! Feels way to goodDr. took me off work and I had a week left when I go back so she turned me loose today as soon as she waited for me to do the monthly reports for corporate. What a snake lol. Basis it would be no good for me to be off then return for only one week. Probably since I'm salary and exempt they would have to had paid me anyway lol.
Now anyone in need of an RN in central florida lol. I have no job, my bank account is crap but wow I feel so relieved!!! all!!! Thanks for listening to my vents.Last edit by Lacie on Jun 3, '09 : Reason: spelling
- Jun 3, '09 by BEDPAN76Here's to you, Lacie! You will find a job soon. Sending best wishes and prayers to ya dear!
- Jun 13, '09 by LacieFeeling better and have lawyered up! Boss should have kept up with the ADA and wage and hour laws to start. Also found out I do qualify for unemployment benefits also since she sent me out 2 weeks before my resignation date. Not only that she did it when the doc wrote me off work except for sedentary duties for a known disability and within 10 min of recieving the note and my request for FMLA due to weekly injections. Cant get that joint replacement as he says I'm too young yet bah! I'm not trying to be vengeful but apparently this has been a pattern too long and as the attorney said "they owe you past monies for working and it's your money, dont give it away". Guess she's confident enough in it since she's doing it probono. I have an interview but still having difficulty walking so not sure how I can proceed. My ortho with the VA is out of country and not due back so I'm lost at this point. I hate to accept a position then be off due to the exacerbation I'm having with a new employer.
- Jun 13, '09 by nursel56. . .and may I say, you go girl! Alot of people are behind you who are just sick to death of watching good nurses get s****ed over!
- Jun 16, '09 by LacieWell guess some points for us nurses finally!! Attorney says although I was the DON I was performing on a daily basis as the only RN in the unit therefore am entitled to not only the OT pay since I was functioning primarily as the charge nurse and being expected to do my managerial after clinic hours. Not only that the missed lunches that were docked. Not only that I am entitled to unemployment compensation since she had me leave 2 weeks prior to my resignation date. She hasnt even gotten to the ADA aspect yet the boss violated Since my job description is significantly different yet I was performing 98% of my work on the charge nurse job description she believes they did violate wage and hour about time!!! This time I'm sticking to my guns and proceeding. On case in particular was Porter vs the florida unemployment appealate court and the lady won setting precedence here so this little lady at a family dollar store should be congratulated on how this will affect nurses due process in this state also. I'm happy to say the least.
- Jun 16, '09 by caliotter3Congratulations on finding such a proactive attorney. Too bad this person can't clone themselves so that people all over the country could have effective representation. Good luck on finding a good job.