another which would you hireRegister Today!
- by Mulan Dec 5, '12a 22 year old or a 62 year old
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=800928©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,357 Views
- Dec 5, '12 by elkparkThat would depend on all the other considerations not listed.
- Dec 8, '12 by Havin' A Party!Pure gut: Candidate No. 2.
- Dec 8, '12 by TheCommuterAge is nothing but a number.
The 22-year-old could very well have anywhere from one to three years of experience if (s)he entered a nursing program immediately after graduating from high school, while the 62-year-old could be a new grad with no experience. It happens on occasion.
The 62-year-old could have 40+ years of experience while the 22-year-old could be an inexperienced new grad.
The 22-year-old might have a free and clear license while the 62-year-old might have licensure stipulations that are difficult to work around (re: unable to pull or administer narcotics R/T participation in IPN, limited license, probation, etc.).
So, it all depends. I cannot definitely answer this question just by knowing the ages of the two candidates.
- Dec 8, '12 by oldenurseladyYou cannot just look at the age in your hiring decision. If you do , it is called discrimination.
- Dec 8, '12 by ProfRN4That's like asking "Which patient would you see first?" The gut reaction would be to say the 62 year old, but we have no clue (based on the question) what is wrong with either patient.
- Dec 9, '12 by llgI agree with the others. Not enough information.
- Dec 9, '12 by MulanOkay, then, everything else is equal, education, experience, etc., which would you hire, the 22 year old or the 62 year old?
- Dec 9, '12 by TheCommuterQuote from MulanWho came across better during the interview process? Equal on paper does not necessarily translate to equal in personality, temperament, and follow-through.Okay, then, everything else is equal, education, experience, etc., which would you hire, the 22 year old or the 62 year old?
- Dec 9, '12 by MulanEqual in every respect.