ANCC Nurse Executive ExamRegister Today!
- by ChristopherMSN Dec 24, '12Has anyone taken this exam recently? Thoughts?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=804146©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,634 Views
- Jan 1 by kayernI just renewed that certification. I took the exam after taking one of the two day courses offered by ANCC. I studied the materials they gave me and did some reading on my own. This was my first certification exam and wanted to insure I was successful. I do not work in a union institution, so their information r/t unions was very much needed. I did take a Medical-Surgical certification six months later (to support and encourage my then staff to do likewise). That one I studied the materials, no course and was successful as well. I suggest taking the course, it was a difficult exam. Good luck.
- Jan 1 by ChristopherMSNHello,
Where is this 2 day course you mentioned?
- Jan 1 by kayernLook on the ANCC website under certifications, review classes
- Mar 1 by cgwrnLet me know how you do. We were recently told we needed our NE-BC within two years.
- Mar 1 by ChristopherMSNI registered for the study group and I plan on taking the certification in may. I will let you know how it goes..
- May 1 by 4GammyCan anyone tell me what they used to study for the Nurse Executive Basics. I failed my first time and I want to retake it but want to know what resources others have used. I took the review course, bought the book and flash cards. I found the test to be difficult and felt like I had not even studied for it. Any help would be appreciated.
- May 1 by 4GammyWhat tools did you use to study for it?
- May 1 by ChristopherMSNI bought the book and review course. I think the review course is a waste of time. It covers the same content as the book.
I am due to take it on MAY 17th. Wishing for the best. I heard it was hard.
Did you get your score? How close were you?
- May 2 by 4GammyI scored 335. I can out thinking it must have been a different test then what I studied. Some of the stuff must have been the sample questions because there were things that weren't even in the book. Then some of the choices they give you are like....whoa....I wish you the best of luck. I am disappointed that I didnt pass. I think you will have the new version of the test as well because they were not letting anyone test from May 1-6 as they go through the conversion. How long have you been a manager? Please keep me posted. And good luck.