Want to be a CNA & was arrested as a minor.Register Today!
- by cstaleyy Jun 26I live in the state of Florida and was arrested as a minor and i want to be a CNA but i'm worried that i will be denied because of the arrest. I was arrested for retail theft when i was 16. I was told that if i took the classes i was told to then i wouldn't have it on my record anymore. i took the classes but i know that people can still see it. I'm 20 now and i've never been in trouble besides that one time. I just really dont have the money to spend on training classes and get denied because of the arrest.
- Jun 27 by DebblesRNI always thought that things you did as a juvenile were sealed. I would think that if you had committed a crime at 16, it should be gone from your record/not searchable. I would contact an attorney and see what they say. Most will give free phone consultations.
- Jun 27 by mvm2All I can say is try it and take the class. I am not sure if it will be hard for you to find a job or not because sometimes there are questions on applications if you ever were in trouble extra and then even if it is not showing on your record, you have to be honest about your history. But there might be some facility that is willing to hire you even with your background. Remember there are many different types of work for CNAs too. There is LTC, Home CAre, Rehab, retirment homes hospice. Somewhere there just might be a job out there for you, and you won't know unless you take the first step and at least take the classes. Good Luck
- Jun 28 by DoGoodThenGoFlorida has a process for expunge and or sealing criminal records of minors. Cannot give you advice here but you should contact an attorney and or look up the information online. It took me < 1min to find this information.
- Jun 28 by mamaguiYou should definitely contact an attorney about getting your record expunged. You should be aware, however, most employers will ask if you have ever had any criminal record, whether it was expunged or not. Be honest, because being honest about petty theft is much, much better than getting caught being dishonest.
- Jun 28 by slc1984If that stops you from being a CNA, then there should be very few people working in the hospital... and they all have wings hidden under their scrubs.