NEVER GIVE UP!Register Today!
This is a discussion on NEVER GIVE UP! in Nursing Licensure With A Criminal History, part of Nursing Career Advice ... just wanted to post my success story with you guys. i am 23. have a nonviolent minor felony....by XEnfoldYouX Feb 25, '11just wanted to post my success story with you guys.
i am 23. have a nonviolent minor felony. i just received my rn license in the state of florida with no restrictions.
never give up!
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=534760©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,929 Views
- Feb 26, '11 by nursesteri am a michigan rn. i to have a nonviolent minor felony. i applied for my rn license in the state of florida i had to summit reference letters and i also sumitted a reference letter from my pb. it went in front of the board and it was approved. i have to take a course in legal aspects and ethics on ce broker but this should be easy. now what i fear is when i leave michigan and go to florida will i be able to find a job because of the back ground checks.
- Feb 26, '11 by JuwonCongrats on recieving your license. Getting your license from the board of nursing is relatively easy in the majority of the states if a person has a criminal background, or felony. Its the finding employment stage where it gets tough, as the majority of hospitals are reluctant to hire felon nurses into the hospital system, which is sad, considering how hard nurses work to get their license. Keep us posted on finding a job, and I wish you the best of luck.
- Feb 26, '11 by XEnfoldYouXactually i have had some perspective opportunities. i was never formally convicted. guilt was withheld (adjudication withheld). being a juvenile has helped too. the hospitals have been willing to look past it so far. no other charges have occurred since then and itís been about 8 years.
- Mar 1, '11 by luvmyfab5congrats on getting your license and the prospective employment!
- Mar 2, '11 by luvmyfab5your story is encouraging. thank you for sharing
- Mar 4, '11 by Katie KatThank you for sharing your story. This gives me some hope for my future as well.
- Jun 1, '11 by DRKNGHTI was arrested in 1998 and charged with aggrevated assault with a deadly weapon. The court withheld adjudication. I was in a altercation with two men so I grabbed a louieville slugger to even the odds. I did not hurt anyone but myself! I am thinking of pursuing a lpn. Will I be able to find a job? Any help would be appreciated.
- Sep 21, '12 by gsamanezCongrats....but what were your charges...?
- Sep 27, '12 by gsamaneznot bad send me a message with your number i have questions...im going thru the same thing