Missouri nursing question.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Missouri nursing question. in Nursing Licensure With A Criminal History, part of Nursing Career Advice ... I have a probationary LPN license in Indiana for a felony I caught eighteen years ago and I cant...by dukes217 Aug 12, '12I have a probationary LPN license in Indiana for a felony I caught eighteen years ago and I cant find a job. I tried getting my licensed endorsed to Illinois where I knew someone that will hire me, but b/c of their new law a withdrew my application. My probation status will not end until I get a job for one year and submit quarterly reports. Im willing to move to any state to chase my dream. I just never thought it would be this hard. I have worked so hard, and nobody will HIRE ME. Ive applied everywhere from nursing homes to doctors office and even homecare. I love nursing and Im willing to work in any nursing position. I dont mind crawling b4 I walk. I've been doing that for years.
So my question is: Does anyone know any jobs in missourri that will hire me with a probationary license?
Thanks in advance for any input.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=770681©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 920 Views
- Aug 12, '12 by traumaRUsMoving to nursing licensure with criminal history forum.
- Aug 12, '12 by Pattycakes85Do you mind sharing what you were convicted of?
- Aug 14, '12 by MeriwhenQuote from dukes217That's a tough one since employers don't have to automatically accept your record even if the Indiana BON did. Some felonies are pretty much deal breakers--however what those felonies are varies from workplace to workplace.So my question is: Does anyone know any jobs in missourri that will hire me with a probationary license?
When you are ready to work, I would just apply to everything and anything you see. When the issue of your record comes up, be prepared to be honest about your record. Also, start getting together supporting documentation to show that you have learned from your mistake: proof of completion of any required programs or restitution made, character references, references from prior employers, etc. Then all you can do is apply and hope for the best.
- Jan 3 by dukes217I landed a job. Three to be exact; however, I only accepted one..Lol.. I finally am able to say, I'm a happy nurse!!! It was a struggle, but I made it!
- May 16 by arilee01Did you get a job in Illinois or Indiana?