- 0Mar 2, '06 by shyra001I am currently in nursing school. I do not have any felony convictions but I do have one shoplifting charge for 38 dollers of merchandise from 7 years ago(I was an idiot) and one petty theft charge also. The theft charge was expunged. Do you have to report an expunged charge?
- 13,085 Views
- 0Jun 12, '08 by swollsgrlshyra01 gul i have been in somewhat the same shoes I had a charge for a bad check and the msbn put me through hell its best to report everything since you gone report the other and if I was you i would be calling the state board and ask what all paperwork do you need I done this ahead of time i wasnt able to get my lic for six days my friend was in a diff situation and she waited and it took her two months. make sure you get started asap. they will let you take boards but will hold your results till they have all info on file.
- 0Aug 29, '08 by missy kynQuote from shyra001hi i also have a shopp lifting charge but of $2.50 which happend 8 years ago and it was in another stat yeah i know well anyway i work for biloxi reg hosp and in this state for it to be considered a misdemeanor it has to be theft under $500.00 as the stse which happend has to be theft under $1000 anyway answer to your question no matter what if you get your case closed exponged etc. like i did i will still show up on your federal background check. so they wil see it( that you have a theft of property charge) when they finger print you. but all they will ask you for is a copy of the police report and what to know if you are still on probation or served your probation. and what happend (the story)what was it you stole. there is no getting around it but they will hire you. when it popps up on your background check it doesn't tell the details and they need to know tht befor hiring you. don't sweat it if it is a petty thing you will have no problem.I am currently in nursing school. I do not have any felony convictions but I do have one shoplifting charge for 38 dollers of merchandise from 7 years ago(I was an idiot) and one petty theft charge also. The theft charge was expunged. Do you have to report an expunged charge?
- 0Aug 29, '08 by sirI Adminquestions we seem to be encountering more and more often have to do with the effects of a criminal history on nursing licensure:
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a criminal history and if so, can i get a job?
- is it possible to become licensed as a nurse if you have a mip, dui, or other related charges?
- what happens if you are charged or convicted of a crime after licensure?
- can i go to nursing school and/or be licensed/be employed if my record has been sealed or expunged?
- will i be able to go to nursing school and/or attend clinicals with a criminal record?
- what can happen if i receive a mip/dui/dwi or other charge while still in school?
if you are currently licensed as a nurse and have been charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor including dui/dwi or any criminal offense, you need to contact the bon in every state you hold a license/wish to be licensed and ask their reporting requirements.
if you are a nursing student or are interested in becoming a nurse you need to contact your bon and/or your school of nursing directly. you need to be completely candid with them as to the nature and disposition of the crimes. each board of nursing makes a determination on a case by case basis and some are willing to issue a declarative statement in advance.