- by louisa12 Jan 31, '12Im an lvn student waiting for my att from sacramento, i got charged with shoplifting 2 days ago. Will it affect my application?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=668883©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,269 Views
- Feb 2, '12 by FLmomof5Hmmmm, depends on whether or not you have to report this to the BON in CA. You were CHARGED....haven't been convicted...yet.
IMHO, get a lawyer. You need to have this dropped and I don't believe PTI will be a good choice either.
Fact is...you were charged with shoplifting which is a polite way of saying THEFT. Any potential employer is going to wonder what you would steal from them. Not to mention that you did this after graduating from a nursing program where you KNEW what a criminal record would do to you. Not gonna look good.
- Feb 8, '12 by EightySevenA good lawyer should be able to get you a plea deal with at worst a sealed record after some time.
I was charged with Grand Larceny (Class E Felony) and was able to receive a plea to disorderly conduct with a 1 year conditional discharge. My record is now sealed and has not shown up in my personal background check, schools background check, or my current place of work. Now that I am just hired as an RN I am nervously awaiting the result of their background check, but it should be clear.
Lawyer is worth every penny.
- Jul 28, '12 by TBhorseFLIP614Last year I was charged with harassment and it was a misdeamenor I was never in trouble prior to this..Now that I am getting closer and closer to applying for a program I am just wondering if this is going to hold
Me back from getting into a program and furthering my degree in PA or NJ?
- Aug 28, '12 by studentnursenmI am in a similar situation but with 22 petty mis. and mis convictions...I received a conditional dishcarge should I be concerned when I turn in my fingerprints? I am so worried that I won't get accepted I have worked so hard for this and have maintained a 3.9 GPA my entire college career. I made a mistake and am trying to better myself. Thank you for your help!