Finding a job with criminal recordRegister Today!
- by lpnprn Apr 10I have a misdemeanor of theft... And I'm having a hard time getting a job in Wisconsin & Illinosis...are their any jobs that will hire with this type of background.... Does anyone know of any places that will & has anyone been threw this....
- Apr 12 by MeriwhenTheft is a tough one. I don't have specific advice on where you can work, except that you will probably have to look outside of the hospital box for a place that may consider you.
I don't know WI law, but is it possible for you to have the conviction expunged?
- Apr 13 by mrsveeI live in California and have worked as a CNA. I too have a record from about 20 years ago ..misdemeanor petty theft. I've worked for a registry and a couple of hospitals. Just recently, I was trying to get a job in an assisted and independent living facility but it looks like my criminal background is preventing me from working in these facilities. I'm trying to find out how to get my record expunged but don't know where to start. You should probably contact the boards from those specific states to get advice.
- Apr 21 by Vee18We all aren't perfect but people change and our past shouldn't define us. I would highly suggest you talk to lawyer to get your misdemeanor sealed (non disclosed) it wont show up in your background checks. Good Luck
- Apr 22 by sheebsyIn order for you to get your crime expunged you have to go the courts and pick up a packet from the DA,then you have to fill it out and have someone turn it in. You would just be submitting a request for it to get expunged, they would have to approve it, and then they will let you know whether or not they are allowing you to expunge it from your record.